Home Page of the Electronic Roster Task Force
The Electronic Roster Task Force was created by the 2013 Legislature to research the following issues:
Minnesota Laws 2013, Chapter 131, Article 4, Section 2
- electronic roster technology, including different types of electronic rosters;
- the ability to use photographs received from the Department of Vehicle Services;
- the ability to add photographs to the roster on election day;
- data security in electronic rosters, the statewide voter registration system, and the Department of Vehicle Services;
- reliability of Department of Vehicle Services data, including the ability to match names and photographs without duplication;
- ability of precincts across the state to connect an electronic roster to a secure network to access the statewide voter registration system; and
- direct and indirect costs associated with using electronic rosters.
The task force must submit a report summarizing its findings and listing recommendations on the implementation of electronic rosters statewide by January 31, 2014.
Electronic Roster Task Force Final Report