The task force must study and evaluate options to reform and reconstitute governance of the Metropolitan Council. The study must include an analysis of the costs and benefits of:
- direct election of members to the Metropolitan Council;
- a combination of directly elected and appointed members to the Metropolitan Council;
- a council of governments which would replace the current Metropolitan Council;
- reapportioning responsibilities of the Metropolitan Council to state agencies and local units of government;
- adoption of a home rule charter for governance of the Metropolitan Council; and
- any other regional governance approaches that are viable alternatives to the current structure of the Metropolitan Council.
Minnesota Laws 2023, Chapter 68, Article 4, Section 123
Subscribe Sign up for email notification of all Task Force meetings and announcements.